Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple heat module problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have been using COMSOL for a while now, but this is the first time I have had to use the heat transfer module. I could attach my model, but I feel the problem is simple enough not to require it. I have set a temperature to a certain surface which is in contact with another with a given starting temperature. I merely wish to plot the energy flux through the contacting surface as a function of time. As of yet, I have not found of a way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

2 Replies Last Post 23.09.2013, 06:20 GMT-4
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.09.2013, 05:25 GMT-4
Hi Peter,

what you are looking for is pretty straightforward. Please have a look at my example - two pieces of Cu in contact are approaching equilibrium. One graph shows the temperature in the tip point as a function of time, tow others shot the normal heat flux through the boundyray (as function of x and t) and the integrated heat flux as a function of time.

Best regards,
Sven Friedel
Hi Peter, what you are looking for is pretty straightforward. Please have a look at my example - two pieces of Cu in contact are approaching equilibrium. One graph shows the temperature in the tip point as a function of time, tow others shot the normal heat flux through the boundyray (as function of x and t) and the integrated heat flux as a function of time. Best regards, Sven Friedel

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.09.2013, 06:20 GMT-4
Hi Sven,

Fantastic, thank you. This has cleared a lot up for me. Is there anyway of doing this for a plane in 3D, instead of a line in 2D, or is it necessary to take a cut plane and then perform the same thing you have shown me?

Best,

Peter
Hi Sven, Fantastic, thank you. This has cleared a lot up for me. Is there anyway of doing this for a plane in 3D, instead of a line in 2D, or is it necessary to take a cut plane and then perform the same thing you have shown me? Best, Peter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.