Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coil above ferrite bars

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all
I want to simulate the structure of two coils of first coil is placed on ferrite bars and second coil is simple coil which both are separated by distance of 10 cm . I tried to construct the coil above ferrite bars bars , but the bars are just not below the coils and it just going above the coil and i use phase shift by taking square .How to make a proper geometry for primary coil lie above ferrite bars and secondary coil at a distance of 10 cm, and i dont know how to make a secondary coil at distance . I am sending my model how i made geometry of coil .But its not good. So please suggest me to design good geometry for this case

--
kishore Naik Mude

2 Replies Last Post 17.09.2013, 02:45 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.09.2013, 15:05 GMT-4
kishore,

You are using 2D geometry. I would rather use 3D space to build geometry.

Regards,
Sergei
kishore, You are using 2D geometry. I would rather use 3D space to build geometry. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.09.2013, 02:45 GMT-4
Thanks
I am trying to use 3 D geometry

--
kishore Naik Mude
Thanks I am trying to use 3 D geometry -- kishore Naik Mude

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.