Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence problem with Comsol 4.3b

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone

When I run the model in the 4.3a, it can work very well. The convergence firstly is about 1e4 to 1e5. When the comsol software is updated from 4.3a to 4.3b, the convergence becomes 8e8 and cannot work. Does anybody have the same problem? or Does anyone have the idea how to deal with it?

Best wish
Di

2 Replies Last Post 13.01.2014, 16:31 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Di Hu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.11.2013, 14:51 GMT-5
I have a similar issue. The model I created in 4.3a does not converge in 4.3b. The termination seems to have a problem. Have you solved this problem?
I have a similar issue. The model I created in 4.3a does not converge in 4.3b. The termination seems to have a problem. Have you solved this problem?

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.01.2014, 16:31 GMT-5
Me too. Does anybody know why this is an issue?

Thanks,
Me too. Does anybody know why this is an issue? Thanks,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.