Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

apply a ground motion on a simple structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

What would be the best way to simulate the ground displacement motion in COMSOL?

Basically, I have a simple tube structure that is excited by a shaker and I would like to simulate the shaker input as a displacement input to the structure. Think about a beam structure that is fixed at one end and free at the other and at the fixed end, I am moving this up and down with a small stroke to put that into vibrations. Mathematically, this excitation should be transferred to the system as a force so that the fixed free beam structure should be subject to a force due to this displacement input. However, if I directly apply a presribed displacement, I can not satisft the fixed end condition anymore.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this task.

Best regards,
Umut

0 Replies Last Post 01.08.2013, 10:34 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Umut Tabak

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.