Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Silicon onchip Microchannel Water Heat sink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am presently working on a project that involves the simulation of a micro-channel heat sink on COMSOL, i have gone through various literatures and have also followed the microchannel turorial COMSOL provided. i am however having problems with my model, in that it records a rather too high temperature (above 1000k) with applicatin of power as little as 50W. and i am yet to figure out where the problem is emanating from. the size of the silicon chip is 1cmx1cm, with approximately 90 signle rectangular microchannel at the back, a channel height 300microns, and width 50microns, the side walls are 50 microns as well. I made use of a heat source to serve as the heating element of the chip, the materials are silicon and water. with this dimensions i am suppose to get an approximate cooling density of around 790W/cm-sqr. Is their anyone in the house that could please help in looking into my design.

thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 13.07.2013, 14:46 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abdullahi Alfa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.