Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

where is the icon to add heat transfer with Phase change

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was going through one tutorial on heat transfer through phase change. In the menu under heat transfer in fluids i could not find heat transfer with phase change? Is it related to the version.

4 Replies Last Post 09.07.2013, 13:06 GMT-4
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.07.2013, 17:08 GMT-4
Dinesh,

What version are you running?

New in Version 4.3b you can add "Heat Transfer with Phase Change" as a domain physics condition to Heat Transfer analyses.

See attached screenshot from v4.3b.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Dinesh, What version are you running? New in Version 4.3b you can add "Heat Transfer with Phase Change" as a domain physics condition to Heat Transfer analyses. See attached screenshot from v4.3b. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.07.2013, 03:08 GMT-4

Dinesh,

What version are you running?

New in Version 4.3b you can add "Heat Transfer with Phase Change" as a domain physics condition to Heat Transfer analyses.

See attached screenshot from v4.3b.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies

Sir
i am running 4.2a and 4.3 but both of these version dont have that option as i showed in the screenshot. Is it bcoz of version only. How can i add (phase change) in my version
[QUOTE] Dinesh, What version are you running? New in Version 4.3b you can add "Heat Transfer with Phase Change" as a domain physics condition to Heat Transfer analyses. See attached screenshot from v4.3b. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies [/QUOTE] Sir i am running 4.2a and 4.3 but both of these version dont have that option as i showed in the screenshot. Is it bcoz of version only. How can i add (phase change) in my version

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.07.2013, 08:44 GMT-4
Hello Dinesh
"Heat Transfer with Phase Change" is a feature that is unique to the Heat Transfer Module (see www.comsol.com/products/specifications/heat-transfer/), so your screenshot suggests that you do not currently have that Module. You can check which Modules your license carries by going to the Options > Licenses menu.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Dinesh "Heat Transfer with Phase Change" is a feature that is unique to the Heat Transfer Module (see http://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/heat-transfer/), so your screenshot suggests that you do not currently have that Module. You can check which Modules your license carries by going to the Options > Licenses menu. Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.07.2013, 13:06 GMT-4
thankyou very much
i will look at the licence menu if it is there or not.
else what would you suggest. How can i model my problem in the current version that i have(i.e v4.3).
thankyou very much i will look at the licence menu if it is there or not. else what would you suggest. How can i model my problem in the current version that i have(i.e v4.3).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.