Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Local current density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am working on a simulation of a redox flow battery. I used the redox flow battery model COMSOL provided and edited it a little.

I don't understand it fully and what puzzles me the most is that despite the lack of change in V2/V3-Concentration, the local current density at 9/10*H_cell is not zero. (1D plot group: local current density with 4 plots in it. 3 different cut lines, the last one at 9/10*H_cell should be 0 )

Can someone explain to me why that is?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 08.07.2013, 14:41 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.07.2013, 14:41 GMT-4
HI Michael:

What do you mean by V2/V3 concentration not changing, could you please elaborate on this point? I plotted the cV2 and cV3 and they both change. Every V2/V3 combination will give rise to an overpotential and this will give rise to a reaction. Plotting the over-potential at the cutline representing 9/10*H_cell will show you that there is an overpotential at that location.

Sri.
HI Michael: What do you mean by V2/V3 concentration not changing, could you please elaborate on this point? I plotted the cV2 and cV3 and they both change. Every V2/V3 combination will give rise to an overpotential and this will give rise to a reaction. Plotting the over-potential at the cutline representing 9/10*H_cell will show you that there is an overpotential at that location. Sri.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.