Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining boundary conditions from previous solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the frequency domain RF module, I first computed solution 1. Next, I would like to define the electric field on the boundary for solution 2 (same mesh as solution 1) as the cross product between the unit normal (n) and the H vector from solution 1.

I've tried to set the initial dependent variables for solver 2 to be the solution of study 1, and disabling solver 1. This maps over E and H from solution 1 and I only want the cross product of solution 1 on the surface.

1 Reply Last Post 09.07.2013, 14:12 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.07.2013, 14:12 GMT-4
Hi,

Don't know if it is much help, but you need to look at the model couplings, such as the General Extrusion. I used it for certain domains of my model to transfer the state of stress, the final state of stress of my first model was then transferred as the initial stress for the second model.

Good luck

Hi, Don't know if it is much help, but you need to look at the model couplings, such as the General Extrusion. I used it for certain domains of my model to transfer the state of stress, the final state of stress of my first model was then transferred as the initial stress for the second model. Good luck

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.