Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

curve cylinders

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can I draw a system of curved cylinders intertwined to form a portion of capillaries?

3 Replies Last Post 14.06.2013, 09:00 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.06.2013, 10:10 GMT-4
Hello Giulia,

I have the same problem as you, so I have an idea that I started, I built four curves as circles, then I connected by two circles to the extensions, which forms the figure which you can see in the attachment. My idea is to assemble these circles and create on assemble then covert it to surfaces, then to a solid. so I don't know is that it is a good idea and will work well.

So if this work well, we can share it, for more explanation.

Good Luck.

Best regards
Lahoucine OUHSAINE
Hello Giulia, I have the same problem as you, so I have an idea that I started, I built four curves as circles, then I connected by two circles to the extensions, which forms the figure which you can see in the attachment. My idea is to assemble these circles and create on assemble then covert it to surfaces, then to a solid. so I don't know is that it is a good idea and will work well. So if this work well, we can share it, for more explanation. Good Luck. Best regards Lahoucine OUHSAINE

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.06.2013, 12:09 GMT-4
It's really a nice idea! I will try the same :)
Thank you very much,
talk to you soon
It's really a nice idea! I will try the same :) Thank you very much, talk to you soon

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.06.2013, 09:00 GMT-4
Hello;

Thank you too, so about this idea, in reality, i fine the problem to collapse this curves to surfaces then to a solid, so another solution that i use is to create a Torus geometry, then to play on the revolution angle, but it appears just if you want to create an circular cylinder for example, about me i fine it good for my case (see the attachment please). :)

I don't now really about your problem is it seem or not? what's the mathematical function that draw your configuration?
So if you have an complicate geometry, i think that AUTOCAD or SOLIDWORKS are capable to do this then to import your draw to COMSOL. :)

Good Luck. :)

Lahoucine Ouhsaine
Hello; Thank you too, so about this idea, in reality, i fine the problem to collapse this curves to surfaces then to a solid, so another solution that i use is to create a Torus geometry, then to play on the revolution angle, but it appears just if you want to create an circular cylinder for example, about me i fine it good for my case (see the attachment please). :) I don't now really about your problem is it seem or not? what's the mathematical function that draw your configuration? So if you have an complicate geometry, i think that AUTOCAD or SOLIDWORKS are capable to do this then to import your draw to COMSOL. :) Good Luck. :) Lahoucine Ouhsaine

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.