Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Linear induction motor with AC/DC Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to simulate a linear induction motor in comsol using the Magnetic fields physics in the AC DC Module and I am facing a couple of issues.

1. BH_Cuves and non linear solver: I would like to add a BH curve for the inductor but when I add one in the materials property, or use the bh curve included by default with the material, the non-linear solver doesn't work, it gives an error saying max. no. of newton iterations reached. What might I be going wrong?

2. Laminated Core: What would be the best way to get a laminated core set up in 2d. According to a post on a forum, I tried to set an anisotropic model of my material by setting the conductivity in the z direction as 0. This yields rather high thrust forces than expected.

3. Multi-turn coils in 2d: I would like to use the multi turn coils domain for the windings but when I set them up, they seem to give me really low thrust forces. When I switch to an equivalent energy current density, I get correct values for the thrust forces.

Thanks for the help!

0 Replies Last Post 04.06.2013, 18:35 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ankit Bhatia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.