Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flow in simple geometry does not converge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

It's been my first day with Comsol and it's CFD package, so please don't be too hard on me. I have (succesfully, I believe) built my first geometry. It consists of a tube that has several inlets on one side and is open on the other side.

Now I want a fluid (air) to enter through the biggest inlet in the middle and see how it develops. Unfortunately, I get an error saying that the Newton Iteration did not converge. Can anybody help? The file is attached below.

2 Replies Last Post 05.06.2013, 03:39 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 04.06.2013, 15:18 GMT-4
Hello Sebastian

I assume that you have modeled outer wall of your flow domain. This case you have model fluid domain where air is flowing. Also outflow boundary was missing. Check attached file.

Best regards

Tero
Hello Sebastian I assume that you have modeled outer wall of your flow domain. This case you have model fluid domain where air is flowing. Also outflow boundary was missing. Check attached file. Best regards Tero

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.06.2013, 03:39 GMT-4
awesome! thank you, that helps a lot.
awesome! thank you, that helps a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.