Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Resources for plasmonic wire grating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,
I am trying to remodel the device in the 'plasmonic wire grating' example by varying diameter and material of the wires. As a background reading I wanted to read in depth about plasmonic wire grating. It would be of great help if anyone could mention which source (research paper or book) this modeled device is based on so that I can understand it in better detail. I could not find any material online on plasmonic wire grating although I could find a lot of information on plasmonics in general. If there are online material regarding plasmonic wire grating, I request you to share them.
Thanking you all,
Vijay.

2 Replies Last Post 30.10.2013, 16:43 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.04.2013, 12:51 GMT-4
Just google nanowire grating
Just google nanowire grating

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.10.2013, 16:43 GMT-4
Probably a little late, but "Optical Metamaterials" by Cai/Shalaev has a brief discussion in chapter 4.3 about the Rotman wire arrays, specifically about how the radius of thin wires affects the plasma frequency. And for plasmonics in optical frequencies, the finite conductivity cannot be ignored, so there is a comment on that modification, as well.

-ado
Probably a little late, but "Optical Metamaterials" by Cai/Shalaev has a brief discussion in chapter 4.3 about the Rotman wire arrays, specifically about how the radius of thin wires affects the plasma frequency. And for plasmonics in optical frequencies, the finite conductivity cannot be ignored, so there is a comment on that modification, as well. -ado

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.