Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal expansion model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I built a thermal expansion model, at temperature 700K.

I want to examine the stress distritubion of the cross-section inside the expanded sample, how do I do that?

Also, is there a way to visualize the frame of the expanded model? The only things I can see are the original frame and the colored distribution of stress.

Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post 04.04.2013, 01:30 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.04.2013, 10:58 GMT-4
Hi

how did you do it with Solid , TS mixing in HT ?

if its with SOLID you can add the "displacemen"t sub node to the plot and see the "u,v,w" change in size at any desired scale

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi how did you do it with Solid , TS mixing in HT ? if its with SOLID you can add the "displacemen"t sub node to the plot and see the "u,v,w" change in size at any desired scale -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.04.2013, 22:04 GMT-4
I did it with solid mechanics, adding the subnode thermal expansion.

Also, I wish to examine the cross-section of the sample, how can I do so? The slice subnode at the result node didn't work.

I did it with solid mechanics, adding the subnode thermal expansion. Also, I wish to examine the cross-section of the sample, how can I do so? The slice subnode at the result node didn't work.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 04.04.2013, 01:30 GMT-4
Hi

right click the Data Set item sub-node and add a cut edge, surface, or point and make your plot point to this dataset item

You can get many of these hints if you look at the videos on the COMSOL main site, or better go and take some of the excellent COMSOL 1 day seminars, those will really boost your efficiency and not only if you are a beginner

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi right click the Data Set item sub-node and add a cut edge, surface, or point and make your plot point to this dataset item You can get many of these hints if you look at the videos on the COMSOL main site, or better go and take some of the excellent COMSOL 1 day seminars, those will really boost your efficiency and not only if you are a beginner -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.