Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Drawing a sinusoidal wave in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello;
How can I draw a sinusoidal wave as a part of a geometry in COMSOL?

Thanks for your help.
Sincerely;
Uldouz

2 Replies Last Post 24.03.2013, 15:10 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.03.2013, 14:35 GMT-4
Hi

what do you mean by sinus wave as part of a geoemtry ? you mean shape that has a sinus type wave on it i.e.e intnikness ?

If yo, I would try to dgitise it in as a interpolation function and use that to shape your bezier line, or use a first ODE physics to build the sinus from a straight plane via ALE or other to define a shpae, then remesh, save as geoemtry and go on (there is somewhere "GrandMa's pie example, Linus showed it once at one of the EU conferences

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi what do you mean by sinus wave as part of a geoemtry ? you mean shape that has a sinus type wave on it i.e.e intnikness ? If yo, I would try to dgitise it in as a interpolation function and use that to shape your bezier line, or use a first ODE physics to build the sinus from a straight plane via ALE or other to define a shpae, then remesh, save as geoemtry and go on (there is somewhere "GrandMa's pie example, Linus showed it once at one of the EU conferences -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.03.2013, 15:10 GMT-4
Hi Dear Ivar,
Thanks for your help.
Actually I want to draw a silicon waveguide that its width is modulated as sinus wave. Namely, waveguide width is varied along propagation direction in the form of sinus function.

Sincerely,
Uldouz
Hi Dear Ivar, Thanks for your help. Actually I want to draw a silicon waveguide that its width is modulated as sinus wave. Namely, waveguide width is varied along propagation direction in the form of sinus function. Sincerely, Uldouz

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.