Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I find the flow velocity of a specific coordinate point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I would like to ask how can I find the flow velocity of a specific point (x=105, y=2.5) in my channel (it is shown in the picture). In the graph, if I click at any random point I got 3 values: on the x axis I got the channel's length, on the y axis the height and the different colours represent the flow velocity profile and hence, I got 3 values for x,y and u.

But I would like to find my velocity at a specific point, so could you pleqse help me how can I do that?

Thank you a lot beforehand.

Regards

Dimitrios

3 Replies Last Post 01.04.2013, 14:39 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.03.2013, 13:42 GMT-4
Hi

to define a fixed point, ifits not define as the intersection of two-three bundaries ,thne you can use the Data Set Point interpolaton option (Results - Data Set right click) and then point the "point" plot to that derived data set. the velocityfiled in solid is (ut, vt, wt), while in CFD its simply (u,v,w)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi to define a fixed point, ifits not define as the intersection of two-three bundaries ,thne you can use the Data Set Point interpolaton option (Results - Data Set right click) and then point the "point" plot to that derived data set. the velocityfiled in solid is (ut, vt, wt), while in CFD its simply (u,v,w) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.04.2013, 09:10 GMT-4
Hi,

I have a have a problem in particle tracing which seems related to this topic.

I want to solve some equations for a particle but in order to assume interaction between particles i need to find out magnetic field in other particle's place. I wrote down some things like this but it not works what can i do?

model.input.H1(dest(qx),dest(qy),dest(qz))... :)

I know, simply writing down model.input.H1 gives us data in the target point but what about other points?

Thank you for attention and helpful suggestions.

Navid
Hi, I have a have a problem in particle tracing which seems related to this topic. I want to solve some equations for a particle but in order to assume interaction between particles i need to find out magnetic field in other particle's place. I wrote down some things like this but it not works what can i do? model.input.H1(dest(qx),dest(qy),dest(qz))... :) I know, simply writing down model.input.H1 gives us data in the target point but what about other points? Thank you for attention and helpful suggestions. Navid

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.04.2013, 14:39 GMT-4
Hi

the dest() opeartor works for BC that define "source and destination" element ID selection tabs, such as the extrusion and projection coupling functions

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the dest() opeartor works for BC that define "source and destination" element ID selection tabs, such as the extrusion and projection coupling functions -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.