Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

bistatic radar cross section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I studied the given tutorial related to radar cross section.

Unfortunately, these only provides how to plot monostatic RCS.

I tried to use parametric sweep, but it wasn't successful.

Can I get a clue in drawing bistatic RCS?

I desperately need your help.

2 Replies Last Post 14.03.2013, 00:38 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.03.2013, 08:56 GMT-4
Kim,

Bistatic RCS is much simpler than monostatic. To create bistatic RCS plot, do the following:

-Create 1D Plot Group or Polar Plot Group
-Create Line Graph and make line selection
-For ordinate axis, enter expression:

4*pi*(emw.normEfar/1[V/m])^2 for 3D model, or 2*pi*(emw.normEfar/1[V/m])^2 for 2D model

-For abscissa axis enter expression:

atan2(z,x), if your line is in the x-z plane

or
atan2(z,y), if your line is in the y-z plane

or
atan2(y,x), if your line is in the x-y plane

Regards,
Sergei
Kim, Bistatic RCS is much simpler than monostatic. To create bistatic RCS plot, do the following: -Create 1D Plot Group or Polar Plot Group -Create Line Graph and make line selection -For ordinate axis, enter expression: 4*pi*(emw.normEfar/1[V/m])^2 for 3D model, or 2*pi*(emw.normEfar/1[V/m])^2 for 2D model -For abscissa axis enter expression: atan2(z,x), if your line is in the x-z plane or atan2(z,y), if your line is in the y-z plane or atan2(y,x), if your line is in the x-y plane Regards, Sergei

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.03.2013, 00:38 GMT-4
How to assign the x-axis expression was the most difficult topic to me!

Really, really, I appriciate your help. ^____________^

Best regards,

Yuna.
How to assign the x-axis expression was the most difficult topic to me! Really, really, I appriciate your help. ^____________^ Best regards, Yuna.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.