Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDEs expressed in Weak Form Coupled to ODEs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am currently using COMSOL 4.3a.

I am solving a problem constituted by a set of coupled PDEs (depending on time and space), defined in a domain.
To solve this, I used the Weak Form.

In addition, coupled to the PDEs, I have 2 ODEs (only depending on time). I implemented the ODEs, in the same fashion of the PDEs, using the Weak Form.

However, I wonder if there is any alternative way to include the ODEs different from what I did. For instance, is there the possibility of introducing the ODEs as expressions that apply to the entire domain.

Has anybody an idea if this is possible and how?
thanks

0 Replies Last Post 09.03.2013, 12:43 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francesco Travascio

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.