Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

automatic remeshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use the automatic remeshing function of comsol with the ALE method. This allows to remesh the geometry according to a specific criterion.

My problem is that I would like to remesh my geometry not according to a quality mesh parameter but according to the time. Fo example, I would like to remesh my geometry every 0,1s of simulation. It seems impossible to define such a parameter because the only parameters available refer to mesh quality. I need the COMSOL keyword which gives the number of time intervalle in which I am (which correspond to the number of time that my geometry was remeshed).

Thank's for the help.

Julien

3 Replies Last Post 14.05.2013, 01:50 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.03.2013, 01:12 GMT-5
Hi

I believe its a Booelan expression whatever variable you put in is compared to the threshold value, so you could try a

0.1-mod(t[1/s],0.1) < 0.01

or something similar

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe its a Booelan expression whatever variable you put in is compared to the threshold value, so you could try a 0.1-mod(t[1/s],0.1) < 0.01 or something similar -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.03.2013, 02:47 GMT-5
Thank's, I'll try that.

Julien
Thank's, I'll try that. Julien

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.05.2013, 01:50 GMT-4
Hi Julien,

Have you figured out a way to do this? I tried the way that Ivar suggested but it did not work well. Since after the remeshing the program seems to start from the same time where it stops the variable 't' does not change throught the remeshing and Comsol will just stop the calculation.
Hi Julien, Have you figured out a way to do this? I tried the way that Ivar suggested but it did not work well. Since after the remeshing the program seems to start from the same time where it stops the variable 't' does not change throught the remeshing and Comsol will just stop the calculation.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.