Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing with Livelink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear sir,
I have a major problem concerning the livelink.
I will explain to you:
I have a 2D plasma model of width 0.42m and height 0.144 m, I mesh the model with element size of order 10^-4m but at differnt sizes, so there are 646533 mesh elements in the domain.
When I use the matlab code to run comsol it gives 'solver run out of memory' , though I have saved the meshing in the model, and hence I do not create the meshing in matlab.
I tried two cases

1- use command : model.mesh('mesh1').run;
2-do not use command : model.mesh('mesh1').run;

To tell you that the code is written well it runs well when meshing is of order 10^-3 and without using the command model.mesh('mesh1').run;

What do you think?
I really need a solution to this problem since I have to run thousands of simulations.
Best Regards
Mervat

0 Replies Last Post 28.02.2013, 08:29 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mervat Madi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.