Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Response for pressure sensors

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

I am trying to simulate pressure sensor (my project) on COMSOL ; I have been able to simulate for finding displacement; frequency response etc. But I am stuck with transient response. I have done a very easy simulation, I made a membrane of 1mm*1mm and 10um thick. I applied pressure using face load option. I obtained resonance frequency using Eigen frequency study. But now I dont know how to do the transient response study, there is no separate study for it as well. Please guide me to do the transient response.

Also I had a major problem with thermal Stress on pressure sensor; Using thermal stress as my physics I applied 300 K temperature on top of the membrane ( Tref = 298k), I observed that the value of thermal stress is very high. Considering only 2K more than reference the result doesnt seem to be acceptable. Please verify this as well.

1 Reply Last Post 28.02.2013, 01:28 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.02.2013, 01:28 GMT-5
Hi

sorry but we cannot verify "much", propose ideas and ways to get to solutions, for short problems.. Here on the Forum we are all users

One thing, when you load a structure and then do a eigenfrequency solver, be sure you use a pre-stressed eigenfrequency case, as normally eigenfrequency analysis ignore all right hand side values such as loads !

So far I have never caught COMSOL giving very wrong results, but often I notice I get the BC settings wrong, as these can be rather subtle, specially in 3D, therefore I say always recheck 3 times, and do, what I see you do too, manual verifications and validations from simple equations

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry but we cannot verify "much", propose ideas and ways to get to solutions, for short problems.. Here on the Forum we are all users One thing, when you load a structure and then do a eigenfrequency solver, be sure you use a pre-stressed eigenfrequency case, as normally eigenfrequency analysis ignore all right hand side values such as loads ! So far I have never caught COMSOL giving very wrong results, but often I notice I get the BC settings wrong, as these can be rather subtle, specially in 3D, therefore I say always recheck 3 times, and do, what I see you do too, manual verifications and validations from simple equations -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.