Capacitor does not affect resonant frequency of a coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a 3D simulation using the Magnetic fields (mf) interface. I am simulating the induced voltage in a homogenized multiturn coil that is measuring the change of an outer magnetic field. I want to change the resonant frequency of the coil so that it is equal to the magnetic field frequency (10kHz). I added a Capacitor in parallel to the coil in the Electrical Circuit interface, but the induced voltage stays the same and it seems that the capacitor has no effect. The capacitor value was properly calculated. Is the resonant frequency even relevant in the Magnetic fields (mf) interface, or is the (mef)-Interface necessary? Why else would it not work?

Thanks for any advice.

1 Reply Last Post 22.09.2024, 21:18 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 days ago 22.09.2024, 21:18 GMT-4

I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum, to make it easier for readers here to see, in detail, what is going wrong.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum, to make it easier for readers here to see, in detail, what is going wrong.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.