COMSOL Documentation Access

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am modeling heat transfer in solids and fluids using COMSOL. I need the mathematical references for each equation that COMSOL is based on. However, whenever I go to the documentation, it only opens the interface. When I search for specific terms, the results are scattered across the entire document, making it difficult to navigate. Is there a more efficient way to find the relevant equations and their full descriptions?

1 Reply Last Post 23.09.2024, 03:05 GMT-4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 days ago 23.09.2024, 03:05 GMT-4

Hi Muhammad,

One thing that you can do is expand the Equation section, which is available in the Settings window for all physics interface nodes where it is relevant and shows the equation that that node handles. In the documentation for the Heat Transfer Module there is also a Theory for the Heat Transfer Module chapter, which describes the equations and physical properties used in the various physics interfaces for heat transfer modeling.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Muhammad, One thing that you can do is expand the **Equation** section, which is available in the **Settings** window for all physics interface nodes where it is relevant and shows the equation that that node handles. In the documentation for the Heat Transfer Module there is also a *Theory for the Heat Transfer Module* chapter, which describes the equations and physical properties used in the various physics interfaces for heat transfer modeling. Best regards, Magnus

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.