coupling vibration of a plate and acoustic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I m trying to couple the vibration of a plate due to an harmonic force, and the propagation in the air domain. basically i want to study spl in the air domain due to vibration. Could you have any suggestion how to do it in terms of step? I need both time domain and frequency domain. I have use acoustic-structure multiphysics. I have followed the tutorial gear noise but it doesn't work. I try to set as boundary condition in the pressure acoustic, frequency domain normal acceleration from solid mechanisms but i do not know how to implement it (using also general extrusion to couple the domains but it s not working). I also plot the eigenmode of plate plus air and they look completely wrong any ideas?. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 30.08.2024, 04:39 GMT-4
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 days ago 30.08.2024, 04:22 GMT-4

Mech: You assume 1 m thickness and plane strain, which is the default, but check if your setup is actual this.

Acoustics: It is a tiny mech structure, so the sound field looks the same as this unless you go to very low frequencies, where it is less 'beamy'.

Coupling: No need for genext (and you are not using it, as far as I can see). The coupling is done under Multiphysics and all boundaries have been selected. You place a point load right at the interface, so that node is probably excluded from the coupling.

BC: Frequency Domain - You have input the the point load with more than the phasor, so instead of 20 e^(i omega t), you should just write 20. The 20 is a phasor of magnitude 20 and phase 0. If you need a phase also, let's say 1 rad, you write 20*exp(i 1[rad]), or you can split it into real and imaginary, so 4+3i or whatever, which has a magnitude of 5.

Wait with time-domain until you are happy with freq domain.

All in all, it looks okay. Change the load to 20, remove the genext, and you should be good.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Mech: You assume 1 m thickness and plane strain, which is the default, but check if your setup is actual this. Acoustics: It is a tiny mech structure, so the sound field looks the same as this unless you go to very low frequencies, where it is less 'beamy'. Coupling: No need for genext (and you are not using it, as far as I can see). The coupling is done under Multiphysics and all boundaries have been selected. You place a point load right at the interface, so that node is probably excluded from the coupling. BC: Frequency Domain - You have input the the point load with more than the phasor, so instead of 20 e^(i omega t), you should just write 20. The 20 is a phasor of magnitude 20 and phase 0. If you need a phase also, let's say 1 rad, you write 20\*exp(i 1[rad]), or you can split it into real and imaginary, so 4+3i or whatever, which has a magnitude of 5. Wait with time-domain until you are happy with freq domain. All in all, it looks okay. Change the load to 20, remove the genext, and you should be good.

Posted: 2 days ago 30.08.2024, 04:39 GMT-4

thanks so much, i solve it.

thanks so much, i solve it.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.