Can the "base excitation" module be controlled to achieve the specified displacement in transient analysis?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Forum:

Specifically, I used a two-dimensional symmetrical fluid structure coupling module. Due to the strong nonlinearity of the structure, I attempted to use resonant transient analysis for multiple periods.

I derived the sine displacement function twice from t and used it as the acceleration of the fixed direction base vibration. However, the calculated displacement of the base, expressed as solid.u_maseZ, shows a curve of increasing sine function plus linear function.

After searching, the help documentation for the "base excitation" module shows that its acceleration, velocity, and displacement are all relative to a fixed coordinate system. How to make the base displacement become a sine curve with only acceleration input? What is the relationship between the incentive application of "base excitation" and fixed boundary conditions?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.