Can COMSOL use the previous result as the initial condition for the next calculation in steady state?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Does anyone know if COMSOL can use the previous result as the initial condition for the next calculation in steady state?

My model is similar to decomposing transient simulations into several steady-state simulations. For example, in my model, I have variables ranging from 10 to 80 SoC, analogous to time steps. After computing SoC 10, my model shows a steady-state deformation state for SoC 10. Then, for SoC 20, I want to use the deformation state from SoC 10 for the next calculation, rather than starting from the original model. Therefore, I would like to use the state at SoC 10 to compute SoC 20, and so on.

Could anyone advise on how to achieve this? Also, how can I verify that the previous result is indeed used as the initial condition for the next calculation? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Darren

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.