Simulation of Photo dynamic therapy

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can anyone help me to simulate Photo dynamic therapy in COMSOL? What are the modules used in the above process?

2 Replies Last Post 14.08.2024, 01:51 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 day ago 13.08.2024, 10:30 GMT-4
Updated: 1 day ago 13.08.2024, 13:07 GMT-4

Hello Gouri,

The answer to your question depends on which aspect of photodynamic therapy you wish to account for in your modeling, which itself depends on what you are trying to get out of the modeling. So, more detail would be helpful.

With that said, you can find work published on the subject of modeling photodynamic therapy using COMSOL at this link. It could give you an idea of what's already been done in that area.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Gouri, The answer to your question depends on which aspect of photodynamic therapy you wish to account for in your modeling, which itself depends on what you are trying to get out of the modeling. So, more detail would be helpful. With that said, you can find work published on the subject of modeling photodynamic therapy using COMSOL at [this link](https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C22&q=photodynamic+therapy+%2B+COMSOL&btnG=). It could give you an idea of what's already been done in that area. Best, Jeff

Posted: 11 hours ago 14.08.2024, 01:51 GMT-4
Updated: 4 hours ago 14.08.2024, 08:54 GMT-4

Thank you for your reply. I want to simulate the problem in which How much amount irradiance will kill how many percentage of tumor cells? How can I add laser source in the above problem?

Thank you for your reply. I want to simulate the problem in which How much amount irradiance will kill how many percentage of tumor cells? How can I add laser source in the above problem?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.