Triangular lattice elasticity matrix calculation with cell periodicity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

My name is Sai Kubair Kota and I am a PhD student at the Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands. I have been trying to calculate the homogenized elasticity matrix of a triangular lattice material with its RVE and the cell periodicity feature in COMSOL. For some reason, I am way off from the elasticity matrix values given in the literature. I would like to understand if I am doing something wrong in the model such as with the meshing and boundary conditions. I am attaching the my COMSOL file here. If anyone has an answer for this, please let me know. Also please find the screenshot of the elasticity matrix values that I am using as a reference for validating the COMSOL calculations in this post. These calculations don't have to match exactly but they should be in a similar ball park. Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks and Regards, Sai Kubair Kota.

PS: I compressed the mph file to reduce its size. Please let me know if you face any problems when extracting the file from the zipped folder.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.