10000 magnets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I want to add 10,000 small magnets and evaluate their magnetic fields in a given volume. I have information about their orientation (polodial and toridial angles); the magnets have different magnetic moments, but their dimentions are all the same (cylinderical permanent magnets). How can I best do this? Is there an option where I can input the data for all these magnets from the file and implement it?

Thank you Yo

1 Reply Last Post 02.08.2024, 14:49 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 days ago 02.08.2024, 14:49 GMT-4

Yoni,

in principle you can generate a respective geometry by an appropriate model method as shown in the blog contribution by Walter Frei: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-create-a-randomized-geometry-using-model-methods I did something similar in the past in order to generate a cluster of air bubbles in a liquid.

Your task is a little more challenging because you need to assign the magnet properties to each of the magnets. This should be possible as well in a method, but I haven't seen it anywhere so far and I haven't done it by myself.

Next challenges will be handling such a model with ten thousands of nodes and finally to mesh and run it. You will need a big machine and much time for that.

In case your magnets are defined only by a dipole moment such as a magnetic point dipole it may be more efficient to superimpose all the ten thousand analytical expressions for the dipole fields. Of course this only works in case all the model is linear and the dipoles do not interact.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Yoni, in principle you can generate a respective geometry by an appropriate model method as shown in the blog contribution by Walter Frei: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-create-a-randomized-geometry-using-model-methods I did something similar in the past in order to generate a cluster of air bubbles in a liquid. Your task is a little more challenging because you need to assign the magnet properties to each of the magnets. This should be possible as well in a method, but I haven't seen it anywhere so far and I haven't done it by myself. Next challenges will be handling such a model with ten thousands of nodes and finally to mesh and run it. You will need a big machine and much time for that. In case your magnets are defined only by a dipole moment such as a magnetic point dipole it may be more efficient to superimpose all the ten thousand analytical expressions for the dipole fields. Of course this only works in case all the model is linear and the dipoles do not interact. Cheers Edgar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.