Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with results of simulation in a range of frecuencies and a specific frecuency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am tried to simulate the microwaves propagation in a waveguide transition of rectangular to circular. The problem is the following: when I perform the simulation in a range of frecuency, the obtained results are differents in comparison with the case that the simulation is performed for a specific frecuency ( The comparison is doing for same values of frecuencies). Regarding to different results, I mean that the value of integral of "output power time average" in the output port is is different for each case of simulation and of course the s-parameters value too.
Can somebody explain me which is the mistake or what is wrong?
Main features of model
-The analysis is done in the frecuency domain
-Two ports waveguide: defined as Rectangular (input port) and Numerical (output port, circular shape)
-The walls of wave guide we defined as Perfect Conductor
-In the "Boundary Mode Analysis" we set "out of plane analysis", search for 1 mode and around of 2.45 GHrz (this is the desing frecuency for the transition waveguide). This analysis for Numerical port (port with circular shape)
-In "Study" we set for a range of frecuency or a specific frecuency. Both cases are simulated separately.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply Last Post 23.01.2013, 01:25 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.01.2013, 01:25 GMT-5
Is it because you are using nm or um as scale? I got the same problem, actually from PML. See my post today.
www.comsol.com/community/forums/rf-module/thread/34292/
Is it because you are using nm or um as scale? I got the same problem, actually from PML. See my post today. http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/rf-module/thread/34292/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.