Band Gap Analysis of Photonic crystal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

I am new to COMSOL. I am working on a photonic crystal on the wave optics module. I took help of an example problem in COMSOL, where they simulated a GaAs rod photonic crystal. Since the refractive index of the GaAs Rod is frequency dependent, they have used an expression for the refractive index in the component1>defintion > analytic section for its bandgap analysis. Since I will be working with a material whose refractive index is constant across all frequencies, I changed the frequency expression to a constant value (the refractive index of the material). But in the study 2, I got an error saying: "Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned."

The pdf for the example of band gap analysis of COMSOL multiphysics is given below and also my simulation is attached below.

Please help me debug this

Thanks in advance Sankalp

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.