Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Loading a beam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In structural mechanics module, with Edge load I can Loading a beam with a rectangular load pattern, but I don´t I realize how i´ll loading with another load form like a triangle or another function... Can someone help me?

Kind Regards

1 Reply Last Post 11.01.2013, 02:29 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.01.2013, 02:29 GMT-5
In the text field for the load intensity you can write any expression. As an example 1E5*(17-x) would give a load decreasing linearly with the x coordinate.

If you want a load active only between some specific locations (e.g. a 'trapezoidal' load) you can combine with logical expressions, as 1E5*(17-x)*(x>5)*(x<15).

Regards,
Henrik
In the text field for the load intensity you can write any expression. As an example 1E5*(17-x) would give a load decreasing linearly with the x coordinate. If you want a load active only between some specific locations (e.g. a 'trapezoidal' load) you can combine with logical expressions, as 1E5*(17-x)*(x>5)*(x

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.