Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Trying to combine data tables into one to do multiple plots on the same graph.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have two tables, and a plot associated with each. I want to plot the data in the tables on the same graph.

Therefore I am trying to combine in the tables to plot the data on the same graph. But it's like the tables are in read only mode, so I can't import any data to them, unless by creating a new table, but then I will get a new graph.

1 Reply Last Post 12.12.2012, 04:36 GMT-5
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.12.2012, 04:36 GMT-5

I have two tables, and a plot associated with each. I want to plot the data in the tables on the same graph.

Therefore I am trying to combine in the tables to plot the data on the same graph. But it's like the tables are in read only mode, so I can't import any data to them, unless by creating a new table, but then I will get a new graph.

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to plot the data in the tables on the same graph by moving the Table Graph node from one of the plot groups to the other, or by adding a new Table Graph node in a plot group and in that Table Graph node's settings point to the other table (in the Table list under Data).

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
[QUOTE] I have two tables, and a plot associated with each. I want to plot the data in the tables on the same graph. Therefore I am trying to combine in the tables to plot the data on the same graph. But it's like the tables are in read only mode, so I can't import any data to them, unless by creating a new table, but then I will get a new graph. [/QUOTE] Hi, If I understand you correctly, you should be able to plot the data in the tables on the same graph by moving the Table Graph node from one of the plot groups to the other, or by adding a new Table Graph node in a plot group and in that Table Graph node's settings point to the other table (in the Table list under Data). Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.