Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL License Error -15, 570

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL team,

We purchased a 64 bit COMSOL 4.3 verson of software along with a server license. After installing the software on a Linux (Debian 6 Squeeze) based system. We are encountring the following problem. When I start comsol it starts but generates an error in a window. After i close the error window COMSOL exits.

License Error: -15
Cannot connect to license sewrver system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Feature: COMSOLGUI
Servername: xxxxxxxxxx
License path: /usr/local/comsol43/license/license.dat:
FLEXnet Licensing error: -15,570. System Error_ 115 "Operation now in progress"
For further information, go to www.flexerasoftware.com.

Thanks in advance for the coperation and support.

Regards,
Yousuf Khan

Institute of Nanostructure Technologies and Analytics (INA)
Technological Electronics - University of Kassel
M.Sc. Electrical Communication Engr.
Heinrich-Plett-Str- 40
34123 Kassel - Germany
Tel.: +49-561-804-4147; Fax: +49 561 804 - 4488
E-mail: yousuf.khan@ina.uni-kassel.de
Web: www.ina-kassel.de

4 Replies Last Post 10.09.2015, 00:47 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.12.2012, 04:59 GMT-5
Hi

obviously your licence manager part has not started, check the installation guide, if nothing else works, check with your local rep or "support", I believe you need a special licence file for UX, its not the same for Win, at least not for me ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi obviously your licence manager part has not started, check the installation guide, if nothing else works, check with your local rep or "support", I believe you need a special licence file for UX, its not the same for Win, at least not for me ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.02.2013, 01:52 GMT-5
Also I am facing the same problem with win7.

Please Help.

--
ishantiitk@gmail.com
Also I am facing the same problem with win7. Please Help. -- ishantiitk@gmail.com

Iraj Gholami COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.03.2013, 09:05 GMT-4
Please notice the following two options:

The detailed error message contains the string
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10.

means the license manager is not running on the license server. Note that when COMSOL is installed on the server machine you have to run license manager on the server machine as well. Please have a look at the "Installation and Operations Guide" available at " www.comsol.com/iog " on how to install and start the license manager. Here is also a video tutorial on how to run license manager:
www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/FNL_License_Manager_Install/

The detailed error message contains the strings
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570.

indicates that there is a firewall on the license server that is preventing the connection from the COMSOL client computer to the license manager.
Please notice the following two options: The detailed error message contains the string FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. means the license manager is not running on the license server. Note that when COMSOL is installed on the server machine you have to run license manager on the server machine as well. Please have a look at the "Installation and Operations Guide" available at " www.comsol.com/iog " on how to install and start the license manager. Here is also a video tutorial on how to run license manager: http://www.comsol.com/products/tutorials/FNL_License_Manager_Install/ The detailed error message contains the strings FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570. indicates that there is a firewall on the license server that is preventing the connection from the COMSOL client computer to the license manager.

Posted: 9 years ago 10.09.2015, 00:47 GMT-4
Hi There

After I follow the steps shown in the clip, I still have the same error. Also, when I click start server, the massage is appear as " VD is staring, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log' instead of "successful". How could I fix the problem ?

Cheers

Ramsay
Hi There After I follow the steps shown in the clip, I still have the same error. Also, when I click start server, the massage is appear as " VD is staring, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log' instead of "successful". How could I fix the problem ? Cheers Ramsay

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.