Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I do Cluster Computing in Trial Version of 4.3a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been trying to do cluster computing after adding a parametric sweep successfully in trial version of 4.3a. The advanced study options is selected and in the job configurations, i could not find CLUSTER COMPUTING.
I found all other options; e.g. parametric, batch, optimization, show default solver etc.

Can someone help on this.

I started COMSOL with 3.4 in 2008. Many thanks

1 Reply Last Post 06.11.2012, 03:09 GMT-5
Erik Bornhöft COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.11.2012, 03:09 GMT-5
Dear Kola,

Cluster Computing is only possible with an FNL (Floating Networt License) of COMSOL. Trial-Version are always Single-User-Licenses ("CPU") and do not support Cluster Computing. I recommend asking your local sales representative about possibilities to test the COMSOL network features.

--
Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Erik

Senior Technical Sales Engineer
COMSOL Multiphysics GmbH
Berliner Str. 4
37073 Göttingen
Germany
Dear Kola, Cluster Computing is only possible with an FNL (Floating Networt License) of COMSOL. Trial-Version are always Single-User-Licenses ("CPU") and do not support Cluster Computing. I recommend asking your local sales representative about possibilities to test the COMSOL network features. -- Hope that helps! Best regards, Erik ********************* Senior Technical Sales Engineer COMSOL Multiphysics GmbH Berliner Str. 4 37073 Göttingen Germany

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.