Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Intensification of heat transfer by imposing an acoustic field on the flow of the working fluid.

Евгений Смирнов

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, please give me an answer if possible. What physics is better to use to set acoustic waves in a heat exchanger. Absolutely any heat exchanger. It is important for me to understand how to build a model tree, or rather, what exactly to add to the existing ones, for example, from the model library in the "Microchannel Heat Exchanger". The idea is to compare the heat transfer in a simple model and in a model where, due to acoustic waves, fluid flows in the near-wall region can additionally swirl. This, in theory, should enhance heat transfer.

Thank you for your attention.

2 Replies Last Post 21.11.2022, 16:40 GMT-5
Mark Cops COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 16.11.2022, 08:32 GMT-5

Hi Евгений,

In COMSOL Multiphysics® Version 6.1, there is a new feature to model acoustic induced flow (acoustic streaming) which may be useful for your application. You can find more details about acoustic streaming here: https://www.comsol.com/release/6.1/acoustics-module .

Best,

Mark

Hi Евгений, In COMSOL Multiphysics® Version 6.1, there is a new feature to model acoustic induced flow (acoustic streaming) which may be useful for your application. You can find more details about acoustic streaming here: https://www.comsol.com/release/6.1/acoustics-module . Best, Mark

Евгений Смирнов

Posted: 2 years ago 21.11.2022, 16:40 GMT-5

Thanks a lot, Mark! Apparently I'm just ahead of the program in my thoughts. But it is good that the program is being improved in the right direction. I read the introductory article on new features, thanks. She is very cool and knowledgeable!

Thanks a lot, Mark! Apparently I'm just ahead of the program in my thoughts. But it is good that the program is being improved in the right direction. I read the introductory article on new features, thanks. She is very cool and knowledgeable!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.