Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling CCP Reactor

Md. Rafiul Islam Compound Semiconductors & Plasma Laboratory

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am designing a Capacitively Coupled Plasma reactor in a 2D Axisymmetric Plasma, Time Periodic model. Unfortunately, I am facing an error whenever I try to compute the study. I am also a little bit confused about the connection of the electrodes. I am attaching my work as well as a photo of error along with this query. It would be really great if someone suggested what to do to me. Thank You!

2 Replies Last Post 01.11.2022, 01:04 GMT-4

Posted: 2 years ago 31.10.2022, 00:18 GMT-4

In the model file, I suggest you do some of the following:

Check the applied voltage format defined in the parameter in the model file.

Please refer to the following example to compare cross section data with plasma settings.

It is also a good idea to reconfigure the mesh.

https://www.comsol.com/model/gec-ccp-reactor-argon-chemistry-55011

In the model file, I suggest you do some of the following: Check the applied voltage format defined in the parameter in the model file. Please refer to the following example to compare cross section data with plasma settings. It is also a good idea to reconfigure the mesh. https://www.comsol.com/model/gec-ccp-reactor-argon-chemistry-55011

Md. Rafiul Islam Compound Semiconductors & Plasma Laboratory

Posted: 2 years ago 01.11.2022, 01:04 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 01.11.2022, 01:56 GMT-4

Dear Sir, First of all, thanks a lot for your suggestion. According to your instructions, I have made changes to the parameters and cross section data of plasma. I have also been reconfiguring the mesh frequently. Unfortunately, I am facing these errors with my work.

Dear Sir, First of all, thanks a lot for your suggestion. According to your instructions, I have made changes to the parameters and cross section data of plasma. I have also been reconfiguring the mesh frequently. Unfortunately, I am facing these errors with my work.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.