Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transmittance in waveguide (Reflections on the input port).

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I calculate the transmittance in waveguide in air. And there is a reflections on the input port. But I have only real part of refractive indexes. Most likely it is coupled with PEC boundaries. Because when I had tried to increase air domain the reflections decreased. Maybe I can increase air domain greatly and I will get T = 100 %, but it will be very big mesh. I tried to set a PML. But it was worse than PEC case. In fact, reflections are from impedance inconsistencies. But how can I correct it? And I increased mesh. It didn't help. For example, model with PEC (see picture).

Moreover, I tried to simulate with all covered PML area (including ports' sides). But I can't start simulation cause ports don't work when it's not extreme boundary of the model.

I have got near to 100% transmition in strip Si waveguide in air but only at 1 frequency. Of course transmission must not depends on frequency in this case (only real refractive index).

Please, help me. I can't solve this problem quite long time.

0 Replies Last Post 26.10.2022, 07:47 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nikita Yukhtanov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.