Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

validating initial pore pressure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How may I validate that initial pore pressure is set correctly? In my poroelastic 3D model, I have a subsurface block that has specific principal stresses and pore pressure. I have set the principal stresses using Solid Mechanics>Linear Elastic Material>External Stress>In-Situ Stress tensor. This method is applied in the Deep-Excavation model from the COMSOL application library, among others. I have applied an additional External Stress>Pore Pressure. I applied this pore pressure as both the absolute pressure (pA) and the reference pressure (pref) since the initial pore pressure doesn't affect the stress state as it is set for the In-Situ Stresses. Has anyone had success applying pore pressure in a similar scenario?

0 Replies Last Post 25.10.2022, 15:33 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Megan Ward-Baranyay

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.