Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling 2 systems in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I need to couple a solid state metal hydride bed with a PEM fuel cell... The metal hydride bed is cylindrical and has been modelled as axisymmetric 3D model.. whereas only a small part of a fuel cell (corresponding to one turn of flow field channel) has been modeled containing one inlet channel, a current collector and an outlet channel in place of complete fuel cell to reduce computational efforts as a 2D model.. Now i need to thermally couple both the systems. Can someone please help me out as to how to proceed .. the amount of heat released by the fuel cell has to be sent to the hydride bed to release the hydrogen which is used by the fuel cell..

2 Replies Last Post 11.02.2010, 07:25 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.02.2010, 03:30 GMT-5
The metal hydride model is axial symmetric 2 D.. not 3D..
The metal hydride model is axial symmetric 2 D.. not 3D..

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.02.2010, 07:25 GMT-5
Any1?
Any1?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.