Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flux Calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am doing simulation for a problem that involves coupling between electrostatics and transport of diluted species.

In the problem I used "No Flux" condition for all species at one wall. I was able to obtain results. However, when I plot the total normal flux along that wall (with "chds.ntflux_c1" expression), the flux is NOT ZERO, not even close.

I refined the meshes near the wall but got the same problem.

Does someone know the reason and how to fix it? I am using 4.2a.

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 02.12.2014, 07:03 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mao Mao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago 02.12.2014, 01:52 GMT-5
Hi Mao,

I'm having the same issue with 5.0. Have you solved it?

Thanks,

Charlotte
Hi Mao, I'm having the same issue with 5.0. Have you solved it? Thanks, Charlotte

Posted: 10 years ago 02.12.2014, 07:03 GMT-5
Hi

I join the choir: I have struggled with this for long. At some point I used reacf operator but I did not quite understand its function. Documentation is not very clear. I wish Comsol staff sees this outcry :)

Lasse
Hi I join the choir: I have struggled with this for long. At some point I used reacf operator but I did not quite understand its function. Documentation is not very clear. I wish Comsol staff sees this outcry :) Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.