Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Photomultiplier Tube

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all ,I am a student who is trying to model NaI scintillator detector using COMSOL.Can someone please help me in constructing the photomultiplier tube of the detector ?

2 Replies Last Post 09.06.2022, 02:31 GMT-4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 08.06.2022, 14:35 GMT-4

I'm pretty sure you don't want to model the entire PM tube. This would require knowing things you are unlikely to know (exact geometry, secondary electron yield, etc.).

You should be able to construct an approximate model using the PM spec sheet. Calculating the incident photon flux using ray-tracing should be doable in Comsol.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to model the entire PM tube. This would require knowing things you are unlikely to know (exact geometry, secondary electron yield, etc.). You should be able to construct an approximate model using the PM spec sheet. Calculating the incident photon flux using ray-tracing should be doable in Comsol.

Posted: 2 years ago 09.06.2022, 02:31 GMT-4

Hi ,Thank you for the response . I was first trying to construct the alphadetector which I got in a research paper.I'm unable to figure out how PM tube has been made in it like where are the dynodes,anode,photocathode etc.I tried using array function for it but couldn't get the significance of using array .I could construct the geometry of all other parts of detector .I've been using ray tracing module for this purpose. Please help .I'm attaching the alphadetector model which I'm trying to construct.

Hi ,Thank you for the response . I was first trying to construct the alphadetector which I got in a research paper.I'm unable to figure out how PM tube has been made in it like where are the dynodes,anode,photocathode etc.I tried using array function for it but couldn't get the significance of using array .I could construct the geometry of all other parts of detector .I've been using ray tracing module for this purpose. Please help .I'm attaching the alphadetector model which I'm trying to construct.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.