Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model Importing Artifact

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

90% of the times that I import a 3D model I end up getting the artifacts shown in the picture. I have checked and unchecked the simplify mesh box with no luck and have tried to remesh the entire model with uniform triangle sizes in another software and that does not have any effect. Is there something that I am doing incorrectly or are there additional steps that I need to take to fix this issue. Thanks for any help.

2 Replies Last Post 09.05.2022, 10:15 GMT-4

Posted: 2 years ago 09.05.2022, 03:01 GMT-4

Your geometry looks simple. Try to import it in a CAD format like STEP, not a mesh format like STL.

Your geometry looks simple. Try to import it in a CAD format like STEP, not a mesh format like STL.

Posted: 2 years ago 09.05.2022, 10:15 GMT-4

David,

Thank you so much! That seems to have fixed this issue with the models that I have tried. Just for curiosity sake, do you know the reason behind this issue happening? Thanks again for your help.

David, Thank you so much! That seems to have fixed this issue with the models that I have tried. Just for curiosity sake, do you know the reason behind this issue happening? Thanks again for your help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.