Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Questions about Load Case

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to Solid Mechanics interface. I have a question about the load case.

What does load case mean? Also what are lgGravity, lgForce, cgGravity, and cgForce?

I am reading this:"Use Load Group and Constraint Group to collect conditions that will be enabled in different studies. Define a group in Global Definitions and assign its content directly from the load or constraint itself. Define load cases in the Study Extensions of a Study Type and enable active load and constraint groups; see Figure 4, where lg denotes a load group and cg denotes a constraint group. Weight is used as a multiplication factor for the corresponding load group." But I still don't quite understand. What's the use of it?

Could anyone explain it to me? Thank you very much!

1 Reply Last Post 02.08.2012, 14:05 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.08.2012, 14:05 GMT-4
Hi

load and constraints groups are ways to group different loads and BC's to access them by "groups". Specially for complex multi-study cases. In v4.3 you can also manually select which BC settings you want to enable or disable.

This is rather an advanced feature, if you are starting, and use only one study case, then skip these features, then read carefulyl the doc a few times and use them gradually start with simple cases

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi load and constraints groups are ways to group different loads and BC's to access them by "groups". Specially for complex multi-study cases. In v4.3 you can also manually select which BC settings you want to enable or disable. This is rather an advanced feature, if you are starting, and use only one study case, then skip these features, then read carefulyl the doc a few times and use them gradually start with simple cases -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.