Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

capacitor DC stationary solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have a capacitor, with dielectric electrical conductivity 10e-14. When I solve electric current study with stationary solution, it seems the solution is not current. Any one has any idea? (but when i run time-dependent it gives correct answer).

3 Replies Last Post 17.03.2022, 09:02 GMT-4
Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 17.03.2022, 04:57 GMT-4

Hi Faezeh, please send the model to support@comsol.com and we will have a look.

Hi Faezeh, please send the model to support@comsol.com and we will have a look.

Posted: 2 years ago 17.03.2022, 08:04 GMT-4

I sent Niklas. Thanks

I sent Niklas. Thanks

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 17.03.2022, 09:02 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 17.03.2022, 09:37 GMT-4

Hello Faezeh,

See my comment in this recent thread on how capacitors are typically modeled without including the electrodes in the geometry. My comment on this even older thread may be helpful to understand the underlying reasons.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Faezeh, See my comment in [this recent thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/305051/electric-field-of-capacitor?last=2022-03-14T12:44:57Z) on how capacitors are typically modeled without including the electrodes in the geometry. My comment on this [even older thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/141001/current-between-to-dissimilar-contacts?last=2017-04-06T06:12:31Z) may be helpful to understand the underlying reasons. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.