Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry problem "unknown geometry -Tag:null"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I have done a Chemical Reaction engineering simulation and have synchronized it with a geometry.

The fist model I did was too large, so I wanted to create a new one. I have done this by buildung a new model and also by rearranging the old one.

Now the model won't calculate because it says it encounters the following problem:

"Unknown geometry.
- Tag
Error in multiphysics compilation."

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Replies Last Post 06.06.2015, 00:37 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Roman Temmel

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 25.10.2012, 15:06 GMT-4
I have the same problem. Please some help.
I have the same problem. Please some help.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.10.2012, 01:30 GMT-4
Hi

Tag is normally the identifier "id" of a node or a feature (i.e. geometrical item) , it looks like some of the internal names has gone corrupt. But it's just a best guess. I expect only "support" can give a definitive answer for that.

One way is to try a reset: Edit clear all solutions, clear all mesh, File reset history, save and reload fresh. THen if that is not enough dump the file as an "*.m" Matlab file and take a look, but one really has to know the COMSOL internals, particularly if the file is rather large. Mostly I give up and remake my model from fresh in such cases, but these are anyhow not appearing often

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Tag is normally the identifier "id" of a node or a feature (i.e. geometrical item) , it looks like some of the internal names has gone corrupt. But it's just a best guess. I expect only "support" can give a definitive answer for that. One way is to try a reset: Edit clear all solutions, clear all mesh, File reset history, save and reload fresh. THen if that is not enough dump the file as an "*.m" Matlab file and take a look, but one really has to know the COMSOL internals, particularly if the file is rather large. Mostly I give up and remake my model from fresh in such cases, but these are anyhow not appearing often -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 06.06.2015, 00:37 GMT-4
I have the exactly the same problem: let me describe it.

I have three materials, mat1, mat2, mat3.

Now I want to delete mat1 and replace that by mat4.

Now after I did that, COMSOL yelled at me that it is not happy. All the modules that used mat1 popped out error, saying that it cannot find mat1.

Now my question is, how can I get into the mph files and replace all the mat1 tags into mat4?? Because I know exactly what went wrong and I seriously don't want to rebuild this corrupted mph file from ground up simply because I did a stupid thing: deleting mat1.

I have the exactly the same problem: let me describe it. I have three materials, mat1, mat2, mat3. Now I want to delete mat1 and replace that by mat4. Now after I did that, COMSOL yelled at me that it is not happy. All the modules that used mat1 popped out error, saying that it cannot find mat1. Now my question is, how can I get into the mph files and replace all the mat1 tags into mat4?? Because I know exactly what went wrong and I seriously don't want to rebuild this corrupted mph file from ground up simply because I did a stupid thing: deleting mat1.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.