Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

determining mechanical properties of materials in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have modeled a 3D RVE with periodic boundary conditions in ABAQUS and I want to derive its mechanical properties under different magnetic field intensities. I want to see if COMSOL is a proper software for this purpose and if I can import my ABAQUS model in COMSOL.

1 Reply Last Post 15.10.2021, 13:31 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 15.10.2021, 13:31 GMT-4

Hello Ilda,

Yes, in COMSOL you can perform coupled structural-EM analyses. You can import a geometry or a mesh in a number of formats (see this page).

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Ilda, Yes, in COMSOL you can perform coupled structural-EM analyses. You can import a geometry or a mesh in a number of formats (see [this page](https://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/)). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.