Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable compressive modulus from experimental material data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to implement a polynomial fit function of youngs modulus as a function of strain from experimental uniaxial compression data for an orthotropic material. At first i fitted a polynomial from experimental stress-strain data where i expressed stress as a function of strain, whereby i differentiated the fit function to obtain a second order polynomial of how the compressive modulus varies with strain. My question is if i can create an analytical function where i directly type my polynomial expression and just put the analytical function in the compliance matrix ?

0 Replies Last Post 06.10.2021, 05:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marcus Ringström

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.