Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Irradiation studies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I simulated by Geant4 a positron beam hitting two targets. By Geant4 I got the deposited energy in each voxel of the targets and now I must do a temperature study.

I draw the targets by COMSOL as you can see in the attachment and I tried to follow this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr6nE3mER_k Unfortunately, the tutorial just explain how to set the enviroment themperature but nothing about the targets temperature!

I want: 1.The best should be to set the deposited energy density at center of targets (the beam has a spotsize 300um, then the deposited energy is all distributed along the z axis) to get the temperature in all the targets then to study irradiation 2. If it isnt' possible to set the energy density, at least to set the target temperature (we have other software to calculate the temperature rising by deposited energy) to study irradiation between the two targets

0 Replies Last Post 24.09.2021, 03:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fausto Casaburo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.