Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Advancing and Receding Contact Angles- Laminar two phase flow, level set method

SNIreaPER Mechanical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm trying to incorporate different advancing/recding contact angles for a water droplet surrounded by air on a solid surface. I'm using laminar two-phase flow, level-set method to model the air and water interfaces, and defining the contact angle explicitly as a constant in the wetted wall BC. What I want to do next, is apply different contact angles for advancing/receding motions of the droplets, as well as be able to capture contact angle hysteresis. Is there a way I can extract the contact line velocity, and apply dynamic contact angle as a function of that velocity?

1 Reply Last Post 15.07.2021, 13:42 GMT-4
NafGh Tallinn University of technology

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 15.07.2021, 13:42 GMT-4

Hello,

You can define the contact angle with the expression or variable within the parameter list.Then under the wetter wall, restate this variable or expression of interest. Next , Add parametric sweep under the Study, to run simulation for the various contact angle values you want. Also i hope this link below gives more information.

https://www.osapublishing.org/oe/fulltext.cfm?uri=oe-29-10-15733&id=450868

Hello, You can define the contact angle with the expression or variable within the parameter list.Then under the wetter wall, restate this variable or expression of interest. Next , Add parametric sweep under the Study, to run simulation for the various contact angle values you want. Also i hope this link below gives more information. https://www.osapublishing.org/oe/fulltext.cfm?uri=oe-29-10-15733&id=450868

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.