Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set the boundary as a continuity in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want set the boundary as a continuity but I don't know how? I know that in Comsol by default the boundaries are define as continuity and it follow this equation: n.j=0 but I want change it to n(j1- j2)=0 (i want the boundary between two domain will be as continuity like n(j1-j2)=0) how I can do this in EC in AC-DC module?

2 Replies Last Post 27.05.2021, 14:53 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 27.05.2021, 10:50 GMT-4
Updated: 3 years ago 27.05.2021, 10:51 GMT-4

Is your boundary an internal boundary? If I understand your notation, there is no reason to expect that a continuity condition would yield a zero value for the normal current density, nor is there any reason that that would be a default boundary condition. You didn't post your model, but I'm guessing you have a serious mistake in it somewhere. Consider posting your .mph file to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Is your boundary an internal boundary? If I understand your notation, there is no reason to expect that a continuity condition would yield a zero value for the normal current density, nor is there any reason that that would be a default boundary condition. You didn't post your model, but I'm guessing you have a serious mistake in it somewhere. Consider posting your .mph file to the forum.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 27.05.2021, 14:53 GMT-4
Updated: 3 years ago 27.05.2021, 14:54 GMT-4

Hi Rakesh,

If what you are after is continuity of the voltage and of the normal component of the current at the interface of two materials with potentially different electric conductivities, that is the default behavior at such an interface assuming you used Form Union to finalize your geometry.

If I misunderstood, like Robert said, please provide more information and your model file.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Rakesh, If what you are after is continuity of the voltage and of the normal component of the current at the interface of two materials with potentially different electric conductivities, that is the default behavior at such an interface assuming you used Form Union to finalize your geometry. If I misunderstood, like Robert said, please provide more information and your model file. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.